BODY - FRAME - PAINT
Originally opened by Dewey Kraushaar and Bruce Zimmerman, the shop was soon bought out entirely by Dewey who operated it until his retirement when it was passed along to his Son-in-law, Mike Marshall who continues the legacy today.
1. DO NOT drive a vehicle which may be unsafe due to damages.
2. Pick a repair center which has trained, certified technicians.
3. Use a repair center which will assist you with your insurance claims.
4. Differences in repair estimates are common. A lower estimate may not include all necessary work. If you are unsure why one estimate is different from another you have received, please ask us.
5. You have the right to go to the repair shop of your choice. Your insurance company cannot require you to have your vehicle repaired at any particular shop.
6. Your vehicle is the second largest investment you are likely to make. Preserve its value and your safety by having it repaired professionally.
7. Select a shop that is certified to repair today's complex vehicles.
8. Ask if the shop offers a guarantee.
9. Choose a shop that has unibody repair equipment and trained technicians.
So why is aluminum catching on in the car industry now? It turns out that engineers have discovered better ways to build an automobile frame out of aluminum. Despite its lightness, aluminum is stronger than steel, meaning it can save you hundreds of dollars on gas every year.
But not every body shop in town has the capability to work with aluminum. Most shops are still figuring out the best tools to use for repairing aluminum. But these tools are still expensive: it costs a body shop an average of $100,000 just to outfit the shop with the right equipment for aluminum work.
Huge brands like Ford have already made the switch to an aluminum body in their F-150. We believe it’s only a matter of time before the rest of the industry follows in their footsteps. That’s why Zimmerman Autobody has made the investment in equipment for aluminum work—and that makes us one of only a few body shops in the area that is OEM certified and able to do that kind of work. There are other auto body shops that will attempt the repairs but are not certified.
We take pride in being ahead of the curve in our field to make smart investments in our business. If you’re riding in an aluminum vehicle now, remember our name if you get into an accident. But no matter what you drive, give Zimmerman’s a call at 309-266-5017 when you have a bad car day.